Grinding to a Halt
After three days of good productivity, today it all ground to a halt. Found out a couple of days ago that what I thought was a three-day weekend for Alex for Presidents' Day is really a four-day weekend. The sitter did agree to come today, but not until 3:00 (Dan and I have to go out tonight, so she'll be here until 10-ish). So I just had to accept that nothing productive was going to get done. Waking up with a headache didn't help either.
What Happened Instead of Work
- Took Alex to Target to buy a birthday present for yet another birthday party this weekend. Wound up with $100 in other necessary household items, too. (Gotta love Target - every $10 birthday present I go in for seems to cost $100 in other things before I get out the door.)
- Helped Alex build a huge marble run (though for the first time ever, he did about 90% of the work).
- Picked up the house a bit.
- Put in my half hour on the baseboards. Almost half done.
- Ate dinner, took a bath and went to the LA Phil with Dan (one of our four yearly concerts).
(Overall, this is a pretty minimal list, but it's actually not bad for a day with a migraine - at least I stayed on my feet, more or less, all day.)
posted by Elizabeth 4:06 PM
All material © 2002-2004 by Elizabeth Fuller. Please do not reproduce anything you find here without the author's permission.